By Ilona Kauremszky

Q: What kind of travel documents do I need for a trip to Cuba? We’re going on a one-week holiday.

A: You need a valid Canadian passport and a tourist card known as a “visada tarjeta del turista.” Your Canadian passport needs to be valid for six months after the day of your arrival and when you book your trip from a registered travel agent, they will include the tourist card in your booking and explain how this completed document must accompany your passport upon departure.

For departures, be prepared to fork over 25 Cuban convertible pesos CUC as a departure tax.


dispatches | q&a | photos | fork | newsletter | archives | links | search | store | streaming | submissions | about | contact | home

All text & photos © 2006.