By Ilona Kauremszky

Q: When I go on my next visit to the US, I'll be spending nearly two weeks there on vacation. I am a Canadian citizen born here and wish to know what documents I need?

A: For general inquiries on travel to the US, contact the United States Consulate General Office at 416.595.1700 or visit them online at and click on "Border Help." For visa inquiries call 1.900.451.2778. According to the American Citizen Information Services, dialling the 1-900 number to reach a live operator costs $2.25CDN per minute and is available Monday through Friday from 7AM-10PM (ET).

"Many office phones and all pay phones are set to block calls to 900 numbers. If the 900 telephone service is not available from your area, contact: (888) 840-0032 from Canada and the U.S. You will be asked to provide your credit card number. Or call toll free (800) 283-4356 for a list of all 1-900 and 1-800 visa information lines," reports the AMCITS.


Dispatches| Q&A | Photos | Fork | Compass Calls | Links | Search | Store | About | Contact | Home

All text & photos 2004.